How can I protect myself in Florida from a husband who abuses me?

If you feel you are a victim of domestic violence, you have a few options. You can seek help from local law enforcement authorities and tell them what's going on. You can also go to the circuit court and you can file for an injunction for protection. If that injunction is granted, that will prevent your abuser from going within 500 feet of you, 50 feet of your car, or possessing firearms. If the abuser violates that court order, he or she could be facing criminal charges.