Can either parent establish paternity through a court in Florida?

When parents have a child and those parents aren't married, either the mother or the father can file an action to establish the paternity through a court in Florida. This would be particularly important to do when the parents are no longer together, or if the parents do not live together in the same household. It would be highly recommended that you seek an experienced family law attorney that has dealt with paternity cases before, to handle this type of action.