The father of my child will not admit paternity. What can I do in Florida?

If the father of your child will not admit paternity, the next step would be to seek out an experienced family law attorney and to file a petition to establish paternity. With that petition, the court can actually order a DNA test. Once the DNA test comes back and it shows that that person is the father of the child, paternity can be legally established and that would enable you to get child support from that person or allow a parenting plan to be established so the child could exercise time with that person.