What papers do I need when I start a divorce case in Florida?

When you start a divorce case in Florida, it will be necessary for you to file a petition for dissolution of marriage. You'll file that with the court and then the court will issue a summons. The summons will be served upon the party to get the case going, but one of the other things you'll need to have prior to being served is to have the notice of non-related cases. There's going to be an affidavit of non-military, and an affidavit where the children reside, for the last five years. Some of the forms will vary just depending upon the needs of your case, and it's always wise to consult with an attorney.